Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Serious Man (2009)

Written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen






I gotta love a movie that makes me want to see it again right away; This movie has got to be deciphered. I have a feeling the story will unravel properly when seeing it for the second time (or third). I also have a feeling I might have to study a bit of Jewish tradition to find all the hidden clues. Man, a movie that's a real challenge! Damn refreshing! Although the story with all its exotic details might also be just a shallow artistic scam, I don't really mind: Exploring it will still be intriguing. Apart from the interesting story, I really love the subtle humor this director duo fills its movies with. I find myself giggling all alone in a full audience! They have really found the essence of black comedy and a fine way to present it: It oozes out of evey character, every picture, every movement. The Coen brothers have a fantastic sense of rhythm when it comes to movies.





No comments:

Post a Comment